Saturday 3 September 2016

Radio Silence Has Broken

Apologies for the radio silence for the best part of a year. Unfortunately my career has taken a backseat lately, ever since my dad was diagnosed and passed away from cancer last September. I know I’m not a special case; myself and thousands of other people have lost their loved ones, their heroes and their biggest fans, but all I can say is I was well and truly knocked off my feet.

I have had a lot of time to re-evaluate what I want and need in my life, and have made a lot of changes since that horrible day. I am incredibly lucky to be part of a very supportive team and am still so proud to work in the NHS.  And I can confidently reaffirm that OD is still my passion, as well as all things #stagey of course, so I don’t think you’ll be getting rid of me just yet.

Thanks for reading my blog. It will continue to be filled with theatrical references, I just think OD and theatre relate a lot more closely than one initially might think. Enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. Rebecca, thank you for reminding us all that the personal is at the heart of the professional. We love what you do and hope it gets easier for you..

    ReplyDelete